- Gran Turismo 5
- Take the role of a racing team director to coach and manage a stable of up to six AI racers.
Create a "My Driver"
To play B-spec mode, you must first create a new "My Driver." You can select their name, racing suit, and ability set.
As you progress and build up your B-spec level, you will be able to add a second driver, a third, and so on, to build up a diverse team of drivers to have at your disposal.
Entering Your Personal "My Driver" in a Race
- Driver Selection Screen
- Each driver is unique, with varying physical and mental strengths and personality types.
- Issuing Commands During Races
- During a race, you will have to constantly evaluate the situation and use your best judgment to give your driver commands, such as "increase pace" and "Pit in."
- Leveling up the Driver
- Even a novice driver who isn't able to win races in the beginning will improve as they keep participating in races, improving their racing skills over time. However, every driver hits his peak sometime, and from there, their abilities start to decline. It's up to you to keep an eye on your drivers' performance and determine when they are past their prime and need to be retired.
Pitting Drivers Against Your Friends' Drivers to Gain Experience
- Making Your Driver Public
- Set your "My Driver" to "Share with Friends" to enable that driver to compete with the "My Driver" of your friends on PlayStation®Network (PSN) in a Remote Race.
- Hosting Remote Races
Select the "My Drivers" of you and your friends that are set to public. Once a race set is created the race will begin automatically. This is called "Remote Racing."
After the race is over, all "My Drivers" that participated in the remote race will gain experience. Use remote races to gain experience for the drivers on your team.
* To host a remote race, you must be signed in to the PlayStation®Network.
Gran Turismo Anywhere - Host races even when away from home
Remote races can be started from the us.gran-turismo.com official website, where you can even monitor the progress and check results of the race.
While on the move or away from home, you can check the live race text feed, confirm race results, and even set and start new remote races. A whole new way to enjoy Gran Turismo is here.
*This feature enables the remote operation of "Gran Turismo 5" from a web browser, and requires Gran Turismo 5 to be running on the PlayStation 3 system displaying the remote race screen in the "Server Standby Mode."
Two Ways to Win
The races in both A-spec and B-spec are mostly the same. Completing either mode will achieve the same ending to the game, but of course it is possible to complete both modes.
Players who find the difficulty level of A-spec to be challenging can use B-spec mode as a way to see what the game has to offer, providing potentially an easier path to beat the game.
*Images shown are from a pre-final version of the game.