- Experience the Spec 2.0 Update
- A new and improved Gran Turismo 5 is here, available through a free downloadable update available October 11, 2011.
- Standard Cars now given simplified cockpit views
- The over 800 standard cars included in the game now feature simplified cockpit views. Use the SELECT button while racing to cycle your camera through the available driving views, including the immersive cockpit view.
- Racing at 100mph from behind the steering wheel lets you experience racing from a whole new perspective.
- *Unlike the cockpit view of premium cars, the simplified cockpit for standard vehicle models view is shown in a dark silhouette, with standard in-game instruments for gauges.
Full Car List
- New Opening Movie
- A brand new opening cinematic is now available for download from Gran Turismo TV on the main menu in Gran Turismo 5. After downloading this movie, you can enjoy it as the new opening cinematic when you boot up your game.
- The previous version will be viewable within Gran Turismo TV.
Click here to watch the video
Gran Turismo TV details
- New weather change menu
- Now you can make detailed time and weather change settings while editing in the Course Maker and while setting up races in the online lounge.
- Additionally on some tracks with weather changes, it is now possible to set time and weather changes from the quick menu in [Practice] of the GT Mode.
Time Transitions / Weather Changes details
- Save multiple car tuning setups
- Now you can manage multiple car setups using the new setting sheet feature. From the [Setting Sheet] on the lower right of the screen, you can check the current settings. You can switch between three custom presets (A, B, and C), allowing you to change between your personal settings easily according to the race course and type of race.
- 2011 Season NASCAR cars
- The 2011 season NASCAR models have been added to the car dealer, to compliment the 2010 season NASCAR cars already in the game. See below link for details.
- 2011 season NASCAR car details
- Added the GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport
- Find the GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport has been added to the car dealer. This is the very car entered in the 2011 Nürburgring 24 hour race by Schulze Motorsport of Germany. Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi was part of the team that drove this car to victory in the race, achieving a 1st in class win.
- *Please note that game screen images are from a non-final version of the game, may look different upon release.
- *To use the DLC requires Gran Turismo 5 to be updated to the latest version. For details, Please refer to the How to get it page.