Update Details (1.29)
A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.
Main Features Implemented
- The following five new cars have been added:
・DS 21 Pallas '70 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars');
・Honda RA272 ’65 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars');
・Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Street Mode;
・Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Off-road Mode;
・Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) '73 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars')
- The 'Grand Valley' race track has been added in four different layouts:
・Grand Valley - Highway 1
・Grand Valley - Highway 1 Reverse
・Grand Valley - South
・Grand Valley - South Reverse
This track will become available at Collector Level 15.
3. World Circuits
- 'Circuit Experience' has been added to the 'Grand Valley - Highway 1' track in the 'Americas' section.
- The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
・Grand Valley - Highway 1
- World Touring Car 600
- Gr.1 Prototype Series
- American Sunday Cup 600
- Japanese Clubman Cup 550
- Historic Sports Car Masters
The 'World Touring Car 600' will become available at Collector Level 15; the 'American Sunday Cup 600' will become available after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending; the 'Japanese Clubman Cup 550' will become available after starting Menu Book No. 42 ('Gr.1 Prototype Series') which unlock at Collector Level 30; and the 'Historic Sportscar Masters' will become available after starting Menu Book No. 46 ('Historic Sports Car Masters') which unlocks at Collector Level 29.
・WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
- Sunday Cup Classic
The 'Sunday Cup Classic' will become available after reaching Menu Book No. 13 ('Try Your Hand at a Mission').
- Implemented full support for PlayStation®VR2 (only available on the PlayStation®5 console version.) Every game mode (excluding '2P Split Screen'), every online race, and an exclusive 'VR Showroom' mode is available in VR. Please see the following link for more details: https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gt7/news/00_8412588.html
5. Gran Turismo Sophy
- A limited-time 'Race Together' event has been added where players can challenge the autonomous racing agent 'Gran Turismo Sophy' (GT Sophy.) This event is only available on the PlayStation®5 console version. 'Race Together' will be available after reaching Collector Level 6 and can be accessed from the special banner at the top right of the World Map screen. Please see the following link for more details: https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gt7/news/00_5962264.html
- The following functions have been added to Scapes:
・A 'Height-Adjustable Spots' button on the Scapes home screen;
・'Heat Glow' effect;
- The 'Drift Stage' and 'Move the camera up and down' have been added as a featured Curation in Scapes;
- Tutorials for 'Drifting' have been added.
7. Brand Central
- New Museum section for 'Italdesign' has been added for Europe (Italy);
- New Museum section for 'Sony AI' has been added for Asia-Pacific (Japan.)
- The following two new Extra Menus have been added:
・Extra Menu No. 16: 'Collection: Honda Motorsports' (Collector Level 47 and above);
・Extra Menu No. 17: 'Collection: Porsche 911 Carrera RS' (Collector Level 39 and above.)
- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:
- Kunihisa Ito
・Honda NSX GT500 '08
・Mazda 787B '91
・Mini Cooper 'S' '65
・RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
- Hikonori Kagurazaka
・Aston Martin Vulcan '16
・Bugatti Chiron '16
・Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13
・DS 21 Pallas '70
- Hideo Kodama
・BMW i3 '15
・Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe '54
・Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60
・Suzuki Swift Sport '17
・Toyota Sport 800 '65
- Tom Matano
・AMG Mercedes-AMG C 63 S '15
・AMG 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71
・Honda S660 '15
・Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV '15
・Mazda Demio XD Touring '15
- Shiro Nakamura
・BMW M3 Coupé '07
・De Tomaso Pantera '71
・Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64
- Ed Welburn
・Chevrolet Camaro SS '16
・Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19
・Pontiac GTO 'The Judge' '69
・Honda RA272 '65
・Honda S800 '66
・McLaren MP4/4 '88
・Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) '73
9. GT Auto
- 13 new paint colours have been added to the Real Car Paint section of the Paint Shop.
- Race events which only allow for certain Car Settings to be adjusted have been added.
- A 'Results' button to display the race result after a qualifier or race has been added.
- An engine startup sound and haptic vibration have been added when changing cars in the 'Garage' while using a PlayStation®5 DualSense™ wireless controller.
13. Race Screen
- Added a 'Display Car Info Only' option in the 'Race Info Display' section of 'Display Settings';
- Added the same option in the 'Race Info Display' section of the replay options available during a replay.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue wherein the amount of downforce set would increase if Rear 'Type A' parts were attached to the following cars:
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP '99
- Changed the display for the 'Peugeot L500R Hybrid VGT 2017' to now include the power output from the motor in the vehicle's max power. (This does not affect the vehicle's performance when driving or its Performance Points);
- Stabilised how the 'Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo' behaves during the rolling start of an online race.
- Adjusted the penalty system algorythm at the following two sections on the Daytona International Speedway Road Course:
・Pit Lane Exit
・Chicane Exit (Turn 11)
3. Steering Controllers
- Fixed an issue wherein the screen would occasionaly freeze for 1.5 seconds when using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller.
- Fixed various text localisation issues.
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!