INSIDE GRAN TURISMO SPORT Vol.1: CARS
How to Enjoy Fair and Fun Online Racing: Introducing the 'Sport Mode' of Gran Turismo Sport
INSIDE GRAN TURISMO SPORT Vol.2: HOW TO USE THE LIVERY EDITOR
How to Use the Livery Editor: Introducing the Fun of Customisation
INSIDE GRAN TURISMO SPORT Vol.3: HOW TO USE SCAPES
How to Use Scapes: Travel and Photograph Your Favourite Cars
- GraphicsAchieving 4K*, 60FPS, HDR** with Wide Colour Process
- Compatible with the best imaging technologies available today, providing 4K, 60FPS, HDR and Wide Colour. Not only has the output been made to support HDR TV signal formats, a True HDR workflow was specially established in order to maintain true HDR and Wide Colour processing from the initial material capturing processes to the final output. The process actually started with the development of an HDR Wide Colour capture device in cooperation with Sony Corporation.
As a result, not only is the output compatible with HDR TVs, the images produced achieves a level of realism never seen before, even when viewed on a conventional TV.
*A PlayStation®4 Pro and a 4K compatible TV is required to enjoy 4K images.
**An HDR compatible TV is required to enjoy HDR.
- SoundA true-to-life audio experience, where you can even hear the wavering of torque in the drivetrain
- The interior of a car is filled with a variety of sounds, including engine sounds, transmission noise, exhaust sound, road noise, wind noise and more. In Gran Turismo Sport, not only are real-world cars bench-tested and recorded in optimal environments, a sound simulator has been developed in collaboration with the audio technology department of Sony Corp. in order to recreate an ‘optimal sound’ that even takes into account the mechanism behind human aural recognition.
- CarsFrom stock cars to race cars to concept cars, a total of over 150 cars have been recreated for the game.
- Excluding the CAD data used by automobile makers for their manufacturing, the 3D models created for the game are the highest quality, highest precision models in the world. From the curves of the body, edges, spacing between body panels to the headlights and turn signals, every detail of the car has been precisely recreated.
- TracksFrom high speed ovals to urban expressway, 54 layouts are provided from 18 different locations.
- From popular real life race circuits, oval tracks, dirt tracks set in nature and an urban expressway based on public roads, a large variety of tracks have been provided in the game.The True HDR workflow has enabled the recreation of light and colours that is true to nature, with the options to drive the tracks in a large variety of daylight and sky conditions.
- Assist FeaturesHigh level driving assist features for anyone to enjoy
- Gran Turismo Sport contains auto driving features that allow you to leave the brake and steering controls to the AI. Even those who are driving cars for the very first time can drive with confidence.
The high level driving assist aids in steering, throttle control, brakes, stability control and more. Each of these can be turned ON or OFF to match the skill level of the player.
- Physics SimulatorThe best automotive simulation in GT series history, balancing both realism and ease of driving
- In parallel to the development of its vehicle physics simulation, Gran Turismo has offered technical support to cars racing in the real life Nürburgring 24-Hour race as well as to LMP1 Class in the Le Mans 24-Hour race.
Gran Turismo Sport is equipped with the latest vehicle physics simulation that was born from the knowledge gained with both the real and the virtual world. The result is a physics simulation that is "easy to drive because it is realistic".
- Brand CentralGetting cars. Knowing the brands
- 'Brand Central' is a new portal for brand discovery. Here, not only you can purchase cars from a particular make, but you can also see the history of these manufacturers from their birth until present day and even enjoy premium movies made by each of these companies.
- Arcade & Open LobbyEnjoy quick and easy race customisation
- The Arcade mode, where you can enjoy Time Trials and racing against the AI, has gotten even better. Custom races have been added, allowing you to set your own rules. And of course there is a lobby where you can race freely with online friends. You can make your own room to host races, as well as participate or spectate races hosted by other players.
- Sport ModeDesigning the next 100 years of Motorsports
- The Sport mode is the future of online racing, proposed by the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) and Gran Turismo. The ‘Advanced Matchmaking System’ matches players with the same level of skill and sportsmanship together, while the BoP (Balance of Performance) will equalise the performance of the race machines, creating a fair and exciting online environment.
- Campaign4 modes to learn how to drive and enjoy races
- The Campaign mode is where you learn the skills and etiquette required for racing while having fun. By going through the 4 sections with their individual objectives, you will gradually be introduced and be enthralled by the fun of driving. Real life video tutorials are provided for the missions, allowing you to learn strategies for the more difficult challenges. Even beginner racers will learn to progress through the lessons with ease.
- 'Scapes', the new world of photographyGo on a photography trip with your favourite car.
- The 'Scapes' feature is a new format of photography, born from a True HDR workflow and physics-based rendering technologies. Each photo location contains all the information regarding the sources of light as digital data. Even the incredible brightness of the sun is physically recorded and contained in each of these photos. And because each image also contains spatial information for that location, it is now possible to 'place' cars into real-world photographs.
- Livery EditorDesigning the car’s exterior
- The 'livery' refers to the body colours and designs on the outside of race cars. The highly functional livery editor of Gran Turismo Sport allows players to freely design the exteriors of their cars. From stock cars to race cars, the possibilities are limitless. And these newly created designs can be seen and shared with other players in the game.
- Social featuresA communication space between friends, expanding through cars and driving
- A variety of rich social features for connecting with friends has been prepared, including a gallery in which you can display content you have created and a timeline of you and your friends’ activities. A variety of information including replays, photos, livery sets and decals can be shared between friends. The social features can also be accessed and enjoyed from gran-turismo.com as well as through the Companion App for smartphones.
- VR Drive*Realism of the driver's seat
- The game is compatible with the PS VR, providing the user a 360 degree 3D environment to experience. There is a dedicated VR Drive mode in the Arcade mode where you can drive one-on-one races as though you are really sitting in the driver seat, surrounded by a real car interior.
- *PlayStation®VR is required to enjoy the VR feature.