Known issue with Game Update Install Process
There are certain cases in which a message will appear stating “Installation has failed” during the update process of Gran Turismo 6 causing the game start process to fail.
If this occurs, please try to exit and restart the game using the PS button. Restarting the game a few times after this failure occurs may resolve the issue. If this does not work, please try deleting the existing game data and restart the game to create a new game data file.
Deleting the game data will still maintain the saved game progress, garage content as well as your credits, but will cause the following side effects:
- Please note that deleting the game data file will erase all the previous update files. The new download and installation process will take a significant amount of time to complete.
- Deleting the game data will also remove all saved replay data. All saved replay data which has been exported to the "Library" page through the [Gallery] - [Library] menu and copied to the PS3 or external drives can be copied back once the game data file has been restored.
- Additionally, any photo data that has not been copied to the "Library" and transferred may be lost. Photo data can also be copied back to the title once the game data has been resored.
If you wish to attempt to delete your game data even with the understanding above, please follow the procedures below:
(1) Go to the XMB (Cross media bar) > [GAME] > [GAME DATA (PS3)] and press the X button to enter the menu. (DO NOT DELETE ANY CONTENTS OF [SAVE DATA].)
(2) Select [Gran Turismo 6] and press the △ button.
(3) The option menu will appear. Select “Delete” and press the ○ button.
(4) Go to the XMB (Cross media bar) > [GAME] > [Gran Turismo 6] and press the ○ button to start the game. After the game starts, download and installation of updates will be started.
* In regards to problems going from Gran Turismo Software Version “1.02” to ”1.03”, please refer to the specific FAQ.
The Gran Turismo 7 May Update: Three New Cars and More Tuning Options!
The following is a list of contents included with Update 1.34 for Gran Turismo 7...
Opening of the Japanese Super Formula Lights / Igor Omura Fraga competing with "FANATEC-GRAN TURISMO with B-MAX", gains his first points of the season
Igor Fraga is the first world champion of the Gran Turismo World Series, and is ...
Fanatec Named as the Official Steering Wheel Partner of the Gran Turismo World Series
We are pleased to welcome Fanatec, the leading brand in sim racing hardware, to ...
The Gran Turismo World Series 2023 Set to Begin!
The "Gran Turismo World Series 2023" (GTWS 2023) will begin on May 13. The cham...
SUPER GT 2023 Round 2 at Fuji: Igor Omura Fraga Embarks on a Long Stint After a Tough Qualifying
Igor Omura Fraga competed in the second round of the SUPER GT series on May 3 an...
The Gran Turismo 7 April Update: Four New Cars Including the 2023 Super Formula!
The following is a list of contents included in Update 1.32 for Gran Turismo 7 t...